I’m vegan for a variety of reasons you may or may not have heard before. If you’re really interested, check out some of these links below or feel free to directly ask me any questions you have about specifics! Veganism is about open-minded compassion. I’m not going to attack you for living your life differently than I do, and I hope that you’ll allow me the same respect. 🙂
- Animal agriculture is the leading cause of global warming and environmental damage. It’s inefficient and harmful.
- I believe that all animals deserve compassion. I don’t believe that animals were “made for us” and I think unnecessarily killing them is fundamentally wrong.
- I think that eating meat either forces you to separate yourself from violence and become complacent in the face of suffering or to normalize violence for your benefit.
- Dairy requires the abuse and exploitation of female bodies. Cows must be forcibly impregnated and then separated from their babies and their milk taken without their consent.
- Egg industry? Male chicks are immediately killed after birth because they’re not seen as “profitable”. Common methods include suffocation or being shredded alive. This includes “free range” and “organic” eggs.
- Opposition to Agribusiness
- I believe a plant-based diet is the healthiest way to live your life.
- But what about protein? Believe me, vegans are doing just fine.
- Human Rights
- In addition to desensitizing you to violence that you have direct influence upon by eating meat, the animal agriculture business takes away food from the hungry and abuses the workers who participate in it.
- Other fun fact reasons
If you’re interested in going vegan or have any curiosity that I didn’t address, please reach out to me!